Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Wait for no man ...

A RARE PERSONAL NOTE

...I go to the store at 2:00 because it is raining and I figure no one else will be out, so I'll have the aisles to myself.

The market goes up 700 points (8%+).

FINDING BOTTOMS ... IT'S WHAT I DO?

Anyway, I hope it is not a real bottom, for personal reasons. If it is, I'll have outdone Elaine Garzarelli by half, doing what even my mentors said was impossible: picking an exact bottom.

Maybe it is my fate in life. I picked Singapore within the hour of its crisis bottom back in the 90s. Still, I totally missed the NASDAQ top (Goldman has bragging rights on that one, right?).

Anyway, it's a little, temporary solace (aren't they all?) for an out-of-work guy who has only his own spreadsheets and none of the trappings of a "GMO Van Otterloo", say.

No comments: